Friday, March 24, 2006

I'm looking to start a side business

Anyone know anything about the expense side of operating a cyber cafe?

I'm verrrrry interested in operating one (If I can make a living).

3 comments:

Shawn said...

Chris Anderson had one going in Murfreesboro - for about 5 weeks. The computer shop owner he works for let him have an un-rented section of the building ( think strip mall ) free of charge. He pieced together all of the computers and tied into the T1 through the computer store so, all that was free and he still couldn’t make it. His idea was that MTSU would provide the students (clients), but it never happened – no business.

Computers are so cheap now, maybe everyone already has one.

I love the idea of cheap/free hotspots though.

Mattdaddy said...

Yeah, the more I read the less enthusiastic I get. My whole reason for being interested would be the LAN gaming.

Shawn said...

Maybe a company that installs the hardware in excising business ( eateries ) so they can be hot spots? That'd be fun - you'd be on the road a lot though and, it would not be a gaming situation - more for business and leisure computing while at lunch.